The Maldives Surfing
Splash to Your Heart's Content in the Warm Sea Waves
Maldives surfing redefines the concept of luxury surfing vacation where you can experience the warm kiss of the waves washing your body and refreshing your mind and spirit, alike.
Emblematic of high-end serenity, Maldives surfing trips are simply unique as they offer double facility of enjoying the surfing tours in luxury ships as well as surf in the crystal clear blue waters of Maldives.
So while your non-surfer friend can enjoy the luxuries of traveling in ships, you can drown in the ebullient Maldives waters to enjoy fabulous surfing in Maldives.
Best time Surf in Maldives
Weather in Maldives is influenced by two monsoons – the northeast monsoons and the southwest monsoons. The Maldives surf season begins from late February to mid November with the best waves coming in during March to May and then again in September till the end of November.
During the surf seasons, the average size of the reef breakers ranges from 4-5 feet, sometimes even rising to a height of 8 to 10 feet.
Where to visit
There are principally two major surfing areas – North Male Atoll [season: April-October] and the Outer Atolls [season – February-April].
Following are of the most important Maldives surfing points:
- Cokes – situated at Thulusdhoo in the eastern reef of North Male Atoll.
- Chickens – also known as Kuda Vilingili, it is situated in the eastern reef of North Male Atoll
- Honky’s – also known as Thanburudhoo, it is situated in the eastern reef of North Male Atoll
- Lohi’s – situated at Lohifushi Island, located at eastern reef of North Male Atoll
- Guru’s – this famous surfing point is situated at southern tip of North Male atoll.
- Natives – situated at Kandooma, in eastern reef of North Male atoll
- Kate’s – situated at Boduhuraa near Palm Tree Island, it is located at eastern reef of South Male Atoll
- Riptides – situated in Guraidhoo, it is located at the eastern reef of South Male Atoll
- Sultans – located at Kanu Huraa, it is situated at eastern reef of North Male Atoll
- Tomb Stones – located at Thamburudhoo, this surfing spot is adjacent to Sultans, in eastern reef of North Male Atoll.
- Piddlies/Ninjas – situated in Kanifinolhu Island, it is on the eastern reef of North Male Atoll.
- Quarters – known as Gulhigaathuhuraa, in the uninhabited island attached to Palm Island Resort
- Male Island Point – located in Furana Fushi Island in the eastern reef of North Male Atoll
- Twin Peaks – situated at Miyaru Faru near the island of Gulhi in eastern reef of south Male Atoll
Since the North Male Atoll contains more Maldives surfing spots, so it can be accessed through the surf charter yachts.
When you are traveling in the surfing boats, you can wake up to the perfect sunrise waves, enjoy a hearty breakfast, and dip into the waters to surf extravagantly, devour exquisite lunch dishes and then again enjoy one of the best fishing in the world.
Return from Maldives Surfing to Holidays in Maldives Homepage